For weeks this book has been sitting in my console in my car. I knew this study was quickly approaching but I didn't have the "oomph" to really start reading. I'm glad I didn't. I wasn't ready to read what I've been reading. I wasn't ready to accept things and to let them really sink in.
Every Thursday I will be sharing my favorite key points from this book and study. Along with key verses and "a-ha" moments since I'm sure I'll have more than one through out this study. It'll be called "Unglued Thursdays". Brilliant I tell you.
This morning I woke up at 5:30a, made my coffee, grabbed this book and prayer journal, and sat outside in the chilly air on the patio by the pool.
I jumped right in and started highlighting things. A lot of things. The reality that hit me was so amazing! I wish I could put into words how just the first.two.chapters affected me.
Here are some of my favorite key points from this mornings read:
- Sometimes we girls think if we don't make instant progress, then real change isn't coming. But that isn't so.
- Hard doesn't mean impossible.
- Renewing our minds with new thoughts is crucial. New thoughts come from new perspectives.
- I can't control the things that happen to me each day, but I can control how I think about them.
- I have a choice to have destructive thoughts or constructive thoughts right now. I can wallow in what's wrong and make things worse, or I can ask God for a better perspective to help me see good even when I don't feel good.
- Acting out of control only adds to my troubles.
- When faced with a situation out of our control, we need to ask "Whose side am I on?"
- If we determine that, no matter what, we're on God's side, it settles the trust issue in our hearts.
If you follow me on Instagram (RunInPearls) or on Twitter, you will find daily updates there!
Are you a part of this bible study already? Or reading "Unglued"? Tell me what you think about it!
Also, check out my latest design! A good read too! Brin was so awesome and patient. I had so much fun working on her design and loved seeing all of the fun colors come together. Can't wait to get to know her more. :)