- Turn Pro- you have to turn pro in your head before you can do it on paper. Before others believe what is true about you. you'll have to believe it first.
- Find your voice-Be yourself. Speak in a way that is true to you.
- Write for yourself- The only person you need to worry about writing for is you.
- De-Clutter- (Jeff said that "social media was his biggest distraction. It made him procrastinate the real work that needed to be done. So he got rid of the distraction."
- Cancel contingencies- There is no wrong thing. Just begin.
- Fail forward-As you cancel contingencies and find something to stick with, you’ll need to learn how to ship. To move through fear, which means you’ll have to face the inevitability of failure. Real artists fail every day. Why not embrace it instead of running away? When you fail, you don’t really fail. You learn. You find new ways to move forward.
3.Building a Community
People will be attracted to your work. They can’t help it; passion is contagious. They’ll want to hear what you have to say. But you need more than an audience. You need a community.
Find your true fans- In order to keep an audience, you need to help people.
Earn patrons-These are mentors and advocates who will help you succeed.
Make friends- Pretty self explanatory.