Jacksonville Marine Corp 5k October 2010
- It's a sport that you can do alone. I have nothing to prove to anyone but myself. Who is my worst critic which makes me work harder at it.
- Kara Goucher said it best when she said "Among Runners, you are golden".
- It gives me a sense of pride when I accomplish something that I've been working on so hard and something that others may not want to do themselves.
- So I can eat stuff like this:
Choco Peanut Putter cake. made my Jesus himself. yum.
- It clears my head and gets me ready for the day (when I run in the morning) (when I run at night it just makes me tired and ready to sleep ha!)
"When did you start running and why? Any advice for a newbie?"
I started running in middle school. It was a stress reliever and something that kept my head straight. I also cheered so I had to run for that as well. I'm not sure why I started or why my parents even let me run when I did because thinking back I ran at night after 9. Parent FAIL. lol
I run now because it keeps me in shape (or getting me back there) and it clears my head. I love being a part of something that not everyone chooses to do, even though they are fully capable of doing so.
I'm not sure I'm one to give advice since my lazy days outnumber the productive running days, but I can say don't give up. you're going to hate it. It's going to suck. You're going to want to quit. But the benefits are worth it and in the end when you reach whatever goal you've made, you won't regret it. You'll be so proud of yourself! Keep on trucking!!
and I'll leave you with two of my favorite running quotes.
"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."
"What distinguishes those of us at the starting line from those of us on the couch is that we learn through running to take what the day gives us, what our body will allow us, & what our will can tolerate." -John Bingham
Ps. I went to Hobby Lobby on my lunch break and I'm really disappointed in their fall selection. Hopefully they will have better Halloween stuff out next month. I did find some pieces for my floral arrangement and a glittery pumpkin for the foyer though! Pictures in the morning!