Friday, October 24, 2014
1. I'm pretty sure I've eaten my weight in Chick-Fil-A this MONTH. I'm also pretty sure I've gained 10lbs therefore I really should be eating lettuce for every meal until January. We have pictures in December with one of my favorite photographers and I know whale watching isn't her specialty so...yeah, needing to get back on the Advocare and gym. Can someone come keep me accountable? lol
2. Maybe it's because I'm lacking fruits and veggies. Or the lack of sleep. Or all three, but this week has just been OFF. I can't get into a groove and all I want to do by 10 am is go to sleep for the rest of the day. It's the last half of fall semester and my class is a math one. Shoot me now. That just adds to the exhaustion because it's boring. lol (Blogger needs emoticons). I'm beyond ready to graduate and already be done with Law School!!
3. Time for something positive. We are taking Kins to the zoo this weekend for trick or treating since her dad has her on Halloween. Out of all of the girly costumes she could have chosen to be she chose a dragon. Y'all, this is the most hilarious costume. Better than the garden gnome when she was 2.
4. I'm not one for getting glam(d) up constantly, hello? I'm a mom of three girls. I don't have time for that. But this past weekend I took the solitude opportunity to get dolled up for no reason. I really should do it more. It's such a waste that I can do it but don't. lol
5. Is anyone else getting their information and lists ready for Black Friday already? Am I the only one? In true Type A fashion, I have already started on my game plan and lists. Starbucks better have their doors open early because this mama is on a mission!
Head on over to Hello! Happiness and link up!
What's on your Five on Friday?
Monday, October 20, 2014
Something that is on my mind a lot and something that comes up quite frequently in my world is co-parenting.
When I first divorced I knew I didn't want to have the "normal" situation where both parties hated each other and were always at each other's throats every chance they got. I'm not that way in any other relationship and I didn't want it to be that way in this one either. I think it's important that even though your marriage didn't work, your co-parenting can. A lot of people seem to forget that it's not about you anymore, it's about your children. It doesn't matter how hurt you are or how badly you just want to throw something at your ex's face. Your kids are what matters and their well being comes first. Do I need to repeat that??
So when you don't put your differences aside your child/children can sense that. They know it when you don't like each other. It's important to always try and be together in the things that matter to your children. Events, school functions, sports, activities, etc. Seeing that both of their parents can be around each other in a positive way reassures them that although we don't live together anymore, we're still working together to make sure they're OK.
Here are a few tips that have helped make co-parenting much easier:
- Keep the lines of communication open.
- Avoid throwing the past into conversations. The past is there for a reason. Move on and get on with your life.
- Always provide a united front to the important people in your child(s) life. Teachers, Coaches, Parent's of your child's good friends. Don't try to prove that you're the better parent.
By working with your former spouse you are showing your kids more than you can just get along. You're showing them how to be mature adults about things and how to be the bigger person. They will remember this later on in life and be grateful that you worked hard to stay united through everything and providing them with a safety net.
It's a lot harder when both of you aren't on the same page. I can't stress enough how important it is to understand these things together. You'll always be two different people and have two different styles of parenting but if your ex just can't seem to get there with you then just remember you can't change him/her but you can change yourself and do what is right on your end.
Do you have any tips to add to the list for co-parenting? How do you make co-parenting work?
Friday, October 17, 2014
1.It's finally Fall here in North Florida! It was 56 degrees when I left the house this morning. Sadly it will be 80 by the end of the day but I'll take it! I wish we had apple orchards and pretty fall trees here but we don't so I will continue to live vicariously through those who do on Instagram.
2. Lush Cosmetics finally has their Christmas line out! I know, I know. We should slow down but when gingerbread and all things festive are involved it's full speed ahead for me. I can't wait to get my hands on some of these this weekend! If you haven't tried Lush yet then you need to run to the nearest store and get some! This stuff is amazing and the company itself is even better.
3. Now that the weather is cooling down in the mornings, I am so looking forward to more mornings out on the back patio and reading. I miss doing that in the summers here since you immediately turn into Olaf without his own snow cloud. You're welcome.
4. In case you missed it, I'm a mom to THREE girls now! THREE! I was informed by Kinsley the other morning that she does not want to be a big sister because, "I'm Mommy's baby". She's not spoiled at. all. And no, I'm not pregnant.
5. It completely slipped my mind to share this on the blog after it happened but J set up the most amazing date night a few weeks ago. He came into my work with my weekly flowers and had a card with him. In the card it said to be ready at 7 and meet him at an address written. When I showed up at the location I had more flowers from him and a delicious dinner! The manager also brought more flowers to the table. This man is so good to me and our girls. I have no idea what I did to deserve him but man am I glad I did it! lol I love doing life with him!
What's on your Friday Five?! Link up with some of my favorites!
Thursday, October 16, 2014
So I think it's time for some funnies around here. I can always count on friends and Pinterest to make me laugh and brighten my mood with some good laughs.
*Breathes* That was a good laugh.
What are you dealing with this week or today that you just need a good laugh?!
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
We try to keep things as kid friendly as possible. Especially Halloween. Mama doesn't need any late night escapades because one of the littles is having nightmares or sees more monsters under their beds. I already have to chase out the monsters at night along with the farm animals. Don't ask.
One of my favorite things is coming up with crafts to do and fun themed things to eat. This year we will be making "Reese's Frankenstein Cupcakes", Kinsley has this thing with Frankenstein this year because he resembles "The Hulk" and J is "The Hulk" to her. lol
source (she has TONS of more awesome on her blog!)
Aren't these adorable? They look really easy as well. Pinterest has never failed me when it comes to kid crafts and treats!
We will also be making "Ghost Cupcakes".
We obviously can't have a party without decorations and we want things, again, that are not "scary". So we found these great ideas that are also budget friendly. Score!
Chances are you already have these supplies at home. So this is by far the easiest!
When it comes to food, we like to go all out and make fun things or even keep it simple. Thanks to Farm Rich Foods we will be adding some pulled pork (more to come on that craft! Y'all have to see it!) and pulled brisket.
For Running in Pearls readers here is a coupon for any Farm Rich Smokehouse product! Make your own Halloween food craft and show me what you came up with! Make sure to tag @RunInPearls and use the hasgtag #SmokehouseBBQ!
Stay tuned for part two and see our kid-friendly concoction that we come up with!
*This is a sponsored post. Farm Rich Smokehouse/Sverve provided us with product from their Smokehouse brand of our choice and compensation for this campaign (review of pulled pork and brisket is to follow). The opinions and tips I shared about kid friendly Halloween party ideas and themed treats are my own (and properly sourced otherwise). Sverve/Farm Rich Smokehouse did not tell me what to say or how to say it.